Nurburgring: Asetto Corsa Hot Laps

Named in honor of RAF_Yank, Lieutenant Colonel Don Archer USAAF Retired, our own WWII veteran fighter pilot...come on in, belly up to the bar, and shoot the breeze!

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Grit

Nurburgring: Asetto Corsa Hot Laps

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:08 pm

Beerbuzz, Chris (who's flown with us and goes by Typhoon, Whirlwind and other monikers) and I have been driving in Asetto Corsa a bunch lately, and it's stupid fun. If you have a steering wheel and pedals I highly recommend it, it's well worth the $20 on Steam.

The Nurburgring's Nordschleife Tourist has been our latest fascination. Lotsa wrecks, an occasional clean lap, but always a truckload of fun.

Chris and I seem to have settled on the BMW Z4 GT3; Beerbuzz has been rockin' the AMG SLS GT3. They're a good matchup, and we're running just about 7:00. To put that in perspective the current real-life production car record I can find is a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ at 6:44.97 (and for comparison, the current in-game record for that same car is 6:39.462, so the virtual model is pretty close.

It's most definitely a good time. :lol:

BB and Chris: Found this good hot lap on YouTube in Asetto Corsa with a BMW Z4 GT3:

It claims "world record" but it's hard to say where we stack up since it's a full lap and not our partial ones, but at 6:35.450 it's definitely faster than what we're pulling. But nowhere near the 6:07.577 I found on this cool Asetto Corsa world records lap board: http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveT ... ld_records

I can see where I could be gaining time in some sectors—he's a full gear up in some areas, and I'm definitely downshifting sooner. It might be helpful.

Hope everyone in the squad's well, and maybe we'll see some of you in what BB has dubbed the Wreck Room. :twisted:
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Beerbuzz

Re: Nurburgring: Asetto Corsa Hot Laps

Postby RAF_Beerbuzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 am

Wow, Some of the places where he is staying on the gas is amazing.